What began as a press release has become a major point in Elizabeth Dole’s campaign for reelection in North Carolina. Dole has now sent a flyer to voters in North Carolina attacking Kay Hagan’s character and values for daring to associate with atheists.
According to Dole’s campaign we are the “most vile, radical liberals in America”. Our crimes include:
- supporting atheist politicians
- removing religious phrases from public oaths
- forcing the BSA into accepting gay and godless members
- removing all references to the Christian god from public
- trying to eliminate Christmas.
This isn’t just an anonymous attack either. The Dole campaign specifically targets Adam of Daylight Atheism and Hemant Mehta of Friendly Atheist, both of whom have written about Dole’s initial press release.
Check it out (via: I’m Important and Smart):