I’ve been tagged by Michael of Atheist Perspective and Tobe38 of A Load of Bright. What does that mean for you? You get to read eight facts/habits about me while wondering if you’re next on the list. Protocol must be followed though, so first things first – THE RULES:
- These rules must be posted before the facts.
- Participants have to list eight ‘random’ facts/habits about themselves.
- Everyone who gets ‘tagged’ has to do the same thing.
- Each participant has to list eight victims at the end of their post.
- A comment must be left on each victims blog notifying them of their victimization.
My eight ‘random’ facts:
- My membership in the Baptist sect was not by choice. I became a member via baptism after an ambush planned by our mother. Prior to the ambush, she kicked one brother and our dad out for refusing to attend church. Prior to the baptism, she kicked out the other brother (also ambushed) for balking at being baptized. “No, thank you” wasn’t an option.
- I am terrified of spiders and have been since watching the movie “Kingdom of the Spiders” as a child. I consider it a step up that I can actually run from them now. I used to become immobile with fear and it would take as long as an hour for me to snap out of it.
- The weirdest insult I’ve ever gotten is that I have too much integrity. The funniest was the accusation that I “think too much”. The “umm okay” award goes to the accusation that I intentionally intimidate people by walking into a room/area with a purpose.
- Even though I’m allergic to them – I still eat oranges and drink orange juice.
- My dad was raised in some brand of Christianity (or Judaism – the jury is out, not expected back) that kept the biblical food laws. As a result, pork was banned from the house when I was a child. I’m 34 years old and still get a bit of twinge whenever I order/request a pork dish.
- Every now and then I “forget” English and insert words/phrases from various languages that I’ve been exposed to over the years, including “dead” ones. (English is my native language)
- I am one of 15 confirmed surviving children spanning six marriages. I don’t bother with the half-this, half-that, step-whatever anymore as it’s headache inducing.
- My dad was so sexist that he took a secret family recipe to the grave with him because it was “traditionally” passed from father to son and his sons hated him.
Since a lot of my favorite blogs are group endeavors or have been tagged already, if you’re reading this, have a blog and haven’t been tagged – consider yourself tagged. Yep, that’s a direct violation of rule four and five. The meme police will just have to deal with it.