Just a quick note to let everyone know about the Blog Against Theocracy blogswarm that’s taking place this weekend. You can read more about it here at Blue Gal’s blog (it’s her idea). The idea is to post something over Easter weekend in support of the separation of church and state.
There are no real guidelines to this. Here are some tips that might help, but really, I’m not into herding cats so this is your own thang.
The idea is to post at least once from Friday to Sunday Easter Weekend, April 6-8.
The post will be against theocracy, in favor of our Constitutional guarantee of separation of church and state. But there are a LOT of issues tied to this, as is pointed out in the First Freedom First website:
- No religious discrimination.
- PRO End-of-Life Care (no more Terri Schiavo travesties)
- Reproductive health decisions made by individuals, not religious “majorities”
- Democracy not Theocracy
- Academic Integrity (like, a rock is as old as it is, not as old as the Bible says)
- Sound Science (good bye so-called “intelligent” design)
- Respect for ALL families (based on love, not sexual orientation. Hellooooo.)
- And finally, The right to worship, OR NOT.