Do you think you’re a good person? Want to test that theory? Click here.
Me? Evil. I’ve:
- Stolen batteries (Hey! I was four! Give me a break!).
- Avoided religious services like the plague since my emancipation.
- been completely converted to “Jesus Frigging Christ on a Pogo Stick”.
- just told a lie – I actually use the other f-word.
- already read the Bible – several times – no reason to read it regularly.
- looked at others and had downright obscene thoughts.
The last question is plain stupid. The gods spoken of in the first commandment are merely the Yahweh’s competitors. Strictly speaking – you can believe in those gods, even worship them – as long as Yahweh is the Big Cajuna. Remember it says:
You shall have no other gods before me.
Gods are beings that may look like humans (some gods are represented by non-human animals) but are morally and ethically less developed than the average pig. The gods are not not human ideas (love, greed, etc) or creations (cars, money, houses).
So, even if you have a different god or two or three – as long as you put ole Yahweh first (as in before the other(s)) – you can ‘keep’ the first commandment – if you want.
Personally, I suggest taking ole Yahweh out and hanging the psychotic nut case.